We all know what it’s like when you don’t have enough time to go home inbetween work and a dinner party, or drinks with friends. Whatever your post-work engagement, there are a few little tips and tricks you can do to spruce up your look.
Follow these simple steps to feel and look fresh for an outing after work.
How to freshen up your makeup
- First things first: don’t forget to bring your makeup bag to work with you! If you usually use a big makeup bag, transfer the most essential items to a small, travel-friendly bag to that this can fit discreetly in your handbag.
- Before you begin to retouch your makeup, remove excess oil and dirt from your face by blotting with oil absorbing sheets.
- Start by freshening up the eye area, as this is what tends to look the most tired at the end of the work day. Create a more dramatic eye look with shimmery eye shadows, and add concealer to underneath the eyes to stop any dark under-eye circles. And don’t forget mascara!
- Tame stray brow hairs that have gone out of place during the day with an eyebrow gel.
- If you need to, you can add more foundation to your face if it has faded throughout the work day. The best way to avoid this step is to make sure you apply a good primer underneath your foundation before you go to work in the morning, as this will help foundation stay put.
- Add a fresh coat of lipliner and lipstick, especially if you haven’t been touching it up throughout the day.
- Add a subtle highlight to your inner eye area, below the brow bone, the tops of the cheeks and on the cupid’s bow for a natural glow.
What to wear
- Wear something to work that you are going to feel comfortable in when you’re on a date, too. Think a simple black dress.
- Change into heels. Bring these with you to work or – even better – keep a pair under your desk so you’ll never be caught short wearing flats to a fancy restaurant. Heels always make you look taller and more elegant.
- If appropriate for the outfit and the weather, add a shawl, scarf or a shrug to add dimension and color to your outfit.
- Add some jewellery. This will make your ensemble feel a little more glamorous. Try some matching silver earrings and a bracelet.
- Last, but not least: bring a small can of deodorant with you to work. It’s not a good feeling when you don’t feel as fresh as possible. While you’re at it, spray your neck and wrists with a subtle perfume.
What are your tips and tricks for getting ready for a date after work?